Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A song in my heart, A tear in my eye

The blue skies yawned a lazy blue above me
Far away, in the distance, green speckled
the horizon paling down from gorgeous yellows
Dawn, that morning broke through clear

Twitters echoing, the morning melody
resonating call to everything to awaken
Slow moving birds filled the heights
Lazier, I trudged along, aimless in all this buzz

Petty reasons a-plenty
For this morning stroll of mine
Only I knew the deep desire
of mine, to walk through here this day, for a last time

Tomorrow will dawn new,
the same skies spreading wide
A distinct darker blue, no blue black
With smoke filling through, dark and deep

No green speckled valleys
Doubt if trees will ever grow green
And as for birds chirping
Maybe a few caws around

With me getting out of this place
Play of fate, into a concrete maze
Looking up to the sinister cities
To help me get ahead in life

Leaving behind this awe-inspiring place
Cutting off my deep rooted ties
Out through the lonely stretch of roads
Onto highways polluted and populated

Bittersweet, the irony called life
Leaving behind a dream
in search of newer ones
Leaping into mirages, leaving behind the clouds.

No comments: