Sunday, November 2, 2008

Confused and Named

Your arrival, a tropical thunder !
I did not expect you in my life.
You refused to take up space in my brain,
Instead, you firmly lodged yourself in my heart.

I could not ask you to get out,
I did not understand.
I did not know why it was all this
Why the sky was where it was, or the land.

I knew your name, not until later
I knew who you were, much later
But what I do not know even now,
Is why you?

You, with that smile,
Why should you smile that way,
Because it hurts when you smile,
That I wish you would cry rather

Fantastic, seemed the past.
I hated the future, until I was in it.
In it, later, I did realized
That above all, it did not matter.

My language was the all common one
Just stillness, muted silence
Was it cowardice?
Was it courage?

Soon, I will age
So will you, whether you bother or not
Someday, in those wither away times,
I hope to come across you

Toothless smiles, withstanding,
The old flame will still be strong.
Human hearts never heal, once hurt,
They burn away, forever, but never die.

Time will not answer
Spaces between us will not too
To me, you will always remain the boy I knew,
To you..... Does it matter what I will ever be?

No comments: